I have not made as much cupcakes during the past months, the summer heat and butter cream swirls are not the best combination. … but today I had to make some I have been thinking about for a while.
The result was this lovely moist cupcake with delicious filling and fluffy swiss meringue butter cream.
I hope you will enjoy them as mush as we did …
12 to 14 cupcakes:
- 2.8 oz (80 gr) butter
- 5 oz (140 gr) demerara sugar *
- 2 large eggs
- 7.1 oz (200 gr) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 /2 tsp baking soda
- 1 /4 tsp salt
- 1.7 fl oz (1 /2 dl) canola oil
- 3.4 fl oz (1 dl) milk
- 2.8 oz (80 gr) sour cream
- 2 to 3 tsp vanilla extract / vanilla sugar
- 5 large Tbsp aprikcot jam / marmelade
- Swiss Meringue Butter Cream Recipe: HERE!
- Demerara sugar to sprinkle
* If you not have Demerara sugar, you can substitute using 4.2 oz (120 gr) sugar + 0.7 oz (20 gr) browsugar.
They taste best when the right sugar is added, but the substitute is a good solution too.
Start by sifting all dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl, not the sugar, and set aside. Are you using vanilla sugar, add it to the dry mixture.
In another bowl add milk, canola and sour cream and mix well. Are you use vanilla extract, add it to the wet mixture. Set the bowl aside.
Cream together softened butter and demerara sugar in the mixing bowl. This sugar has large crystals that is hard to dissolve, so be patient, it will take some minutes.
The the finished creamed butter is not as creamy as it had been if using regular fine white sugar.
Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well between each addition.
Turn the mixer on medium speed and pour in 1 /3 of the flour mixture ..
… quickly followed by 1 /2 of the milk mixture.
Then add 1 /3 more of the flour mixture and the remaining milk mixture and finally the remaining flour mixture.
Stop the machine and scrape down the sides and bottom of your mixing bowl using a rubber spatula .
Start the mixer on high speed and let it run for 10 seconds, STOP . Now you have a lovely velvety batter.
Fill each muffin liner 2 / 3 full with batter.
For them to raise up , you have to use a muffin tray.
Bake at 350 F (180 C) degrees for 18 – 20 minutes. To a stick stuck into a cake comes out dry or until you feel that they have «bounce» when pressed lightly on the top.
Let them stand in the muffin tray for 10 minutes and cool.
Fill a bag with apricot marmelade and fill a half Tbsp in each cupcake.
I have this tip to fill cakes and buns, which makes the job much easier.
Transfer the cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool completly before decorating with swiss meringue butter cream and enjoy!
I keep them in the fridge after they are decorated.
let them rest in room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving.
sweets 2 share
- I hope you will share this recipe with your friend on your social networks like Twitter and Facook.
Or share sweets 2 Share Facebook Fan page with your friends. The facebook fan page, you will find HERE!
- If you wish to add an advertice on sweets2share.com for your relevant products for baking and cake decoration. To reach interested readers, please contact me email@example.com