Oh my gosh!
Last week we were at a summer party at our grandchildren’s kinder garden. All the childen was entertainig and singing, there was a BBQ and every famely had to bring a cake. My daugther in law made the Norwegian Almond cake, and took along to the party !
That was then I stumbled across a brownie I just had to figure out a recipe for. It was a thin brownie, with filling and peanuts on top.
… so here’s my version of that brownie and you should really try to make it !
- 5.3 oz (150 gr) soft caramels
- 1.5 oz (50 gr) chocolate, chopped
- 7.5 fl oz (2.2 dl) heavy wipping cream
- 4.4 fl oz (1.3 dl) boiling water
- 1.4 oz (40 gr) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2.6 oz (75 gr) chocolate – chopped
- 2.8 oz (70 gr) butter – melted
- 10.3 fl oz (3 dl) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ib (450 gr) sugar
- 6 oz (170 gr) flour
- 3.5 oz 100 gr) grouded salted peanuts *
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- topping: 8.9 oz (250 gr) salted peanuts
* If you do not have a almond grinder you can ground the peanuts in a food processor. Peanuts are like porous nuts and will release it`s oil and you may end up with «peanut butter» but that is OK .… Or you can substitute the peanuts for 3.5 oz (100 gr) of flour.
I first make the chocolate Caramel. It can also be made a day ahead.Add the chocolate, soft caramels and heavy cream in a saucepan and bring it to a boil stiring constantly . Reduce the heat and stir until it is dissolved.
Strain the chocolate caramel in to a clean bowl and leave to cool in room temperature.
Add the cocoa powder, chopped chocolate and espresso powder in a larger mixing bowl, pour in the boiling water and stir until everything is smooth.
Pour in the melted butter and canola oil and beat well.
Then add the eggs and yolks, and whipp until it gets a fluffy and smooth.
Pour in the sugar and mix well.
This goes fast
… now add the sifted flour and ground peanuts and fold gently until just incorporated. Do not over work the batter.
Devide batter evenly in a small baking tray 9″ x 13 » lined with baking paper.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F (180 C) degrees, at the lower section in the oven.
You will notice that the brownies are firm around edges and quite giggely in the middle. Leave it in the pan to cool for 1 hour.
Pull the brownies by the baking paper onto a wire rack.
Spread on a thin layer of chocolate caramel.
Sprinkle with lots and lots of peanuts ….
… ..and «glue» them on by sprinkelig more chocolate caramel on top.
If the caramel is to firm and difficult to spread on to the cake … gently heat it in a double boiler or in a microwave oven.
… you can decide how mush of topping and peanuts you want to add to your cake. Any left over chocolate caramel can be served beside a bowl iice cream 🙂 Have you ever tasted vanilla ice cream toppet with chocolate chip and salted peanuts !! YUMMY
Place brownies to cool at least for 1 hour in the fridge. You may as well store it in the fridge until 30 minutes before serving.
sweets 2 share